The 2022 International Pool | Spa | Patio Expo™, co-located with Deck Expo (PSP/Deck Expo) concluded its 65th annual event. The excitement from the show floor was palpable with an over 40% increase in professionals in attendance from last year. The event, presented by Informa Markets, the Pool & Hot Tub Alliance (PHTA) and the North American Deck and Railing Association (NADRA®), was held Nov. 15-17 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. With over 10,000 registered professionals, the event connected notable and emergent brands with thousands of buyers, while providing ample networking opportunities and a full range of education led by renowned industry experts.
Attendees covering the entire spectrum of the industry explored 146,680 square feet of exhibit space during the three-day event. More than 460 vendors displayed the latest products, services and technology for the pool, spa, patio, outdoor living and decking industries, including prominent suppliers, such as Jacuzzi Hot Tubs, Deckorators and Raypak Inc.
“PSP/Deck Expo is the industry's leading marketplace for driving growth and enabling collaboration,” said Kris Osterbusch, show director. “Every year, suppliers and attendees meet at this event to make new deals, partnerships, and re-establish connections. The Expo floor was buzzing; buyers explored innovative products and technologies, and conference rooms were packed as professionals sought solutions to today’s challenges,” she continued.
PSP/Deck Expo 2022 brought new sessions and education opportunities to enhance the attendee experience, in addition to restoring special events from previous years. The Keynote: CEO Panel featured leaders from five key manufacturers; they gave their perspectives on current challenges and future outlook to a standing-room-only crowd.
“The Keynote: CEO Panel was a slam dunk,” said Sabeena Hickman, CAE, president & CEO of PHTA. “The speakers entertained the crowd and gave a phenomenal perspective on the industry.”
Besides the Expo Hall and more than 100 education opportunities during the show, additional event highlights included:
- Deck Education
- Welcome Party
- Product Showcase
- Breakfast of Champions Powered by PHTA
- Million Dollar Pool Design Challenge
- Booza-Pool-Ooza: Networking Happy Hour
- PSP/Deck+ Lounge
- Numerous show floor education areas: Spa Retailer Academy, PSP/Deck Expo Stage, Deck Workshop, PHTA Demo Zone, GENESIS® Solution Center, Simpson Strong-Tie Deck Demo Program
- Sustainability Wall
- Various special events from event partners
“PSP/Deck Expo is a can’t-miss event for us each year as an exhibitor,” said Britt Godfrey of Lyon Financial, who was a vendor. “The quality of the venues, show production and attendees is unmatched. This show allows us to display our brand to the industry’s key decision makers, year after year, with resounding results.”
In the Expo Hall, one attendee favorite was the Product Showcase. Vendors submitted their new and noteworthy technologies as part of a contest for attendee voting. With over 40 products submitted, the winners were:
- Best in Show—Equipment Pad: Poolside Tech // The Attendant
- Best in Show—Outdoor Living: Regal ideas // Regal ideas CrystalRail
- Best in Show—Pool Construction: ZIPLEVEL/Technidea Corporation // ZIPLEVELPRO-2000 High Precision Altimeter
- Best in Show—Service Industry: Cyclone Filter Tools // The Cyclone Filter Cleaning System
- Best in Show—Spa Related: Clear Comfort // CCW25 AOP Spa Sanitation System
- Best New Product—Equipment Pad: Raypak // NiTek
- Best New Product—Outdoor Living: Ocean Blue Water Products/Midwest Canvas // Volleyball/Basketball Game-Deck Mount
- Best New Product—Pool Construction: CamerEye // CamerEye
- Best New Product—Service Industry: Clearwater Pool Systems // PH-50
- Best New Product—Spa Related: Poolmaster // NBA Basketball Chlorine Dispenser
- Innovation in Decking: Outlive // Millboard
Like the 2022 event, PSP/Deck Expo 2023 will take place in the West Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center, from Nov. 10-15. However, the Expo portion of the event will shift to a Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday format.
“The outlook for the industry is extremely positive. The industry has faced recent challenges head on, and we are emerging stronger than ever,” said Vincent Carrubba, president of NADRA. “These two industries—at this show—are a natural fit. It’s wonderful to see the interaction and the collaboration happening.”
For more information about the event, visit www.PoolSpaPatio.com