Today, ConstructioNext, in collaboration with the World of Concrete, announced the winners of its inaugural awards program. The Innovative Product Awards (IPAs) is an industry recognition program celebrating the most successful construction community members and their innovations in concrete.
The IPAs celebrated the industry’s premier products with voting in two categories—"Industry Choice” and “Expert’s Choice.”
Your voice, Your vote
The 2023 Industry Choice Award winners were selected based on valid votes received through the IPA program online awards platform during the voting period of January 16, 2023 and February 14, 2023, in nine unique categories. With more than 100 nominees within these categories, the winners are:
- Business & Technology Software and Services: Command Alkon Inventory & Replenishment
- Concrete Construction Materials: 3D-Admix
- Concrete Production & Delivery: Load and Go Ready Mixed Truck Wash System®—LG2200
- Concrete Surfaces & Decorative Concrete Equipment & Materials: Rapid Dry
- General Construction Tools & Equipment: Moasure ONE
- Masonry Construction Materials: ACR Concrete & Masonry Etch
- Precast & Block Production: BridgeDECK Waterproofing Agent
- Repair & Demolition Materials, Tools & Equipment: DensiCrete
- Slab Tools, Equipment & Materials: FARO® Flatness Check App
The pros weigh In
Selected by a panel of World of Concrete editors and industry experts, the Expert’s Choice Award winners stood out from the competition in their ability to aid performance and competence and become the new industry standard in the field.
In reflection of this, our experts recognized the winning products in this category by naming them either a sustainable innovation or a disruptive innovation.
Sustainable innovations incrementally improve an existing process or product. The innovation alters how contractors and producers can deliver productivity or increase safety or engineering efficiency in real time.
The Expert’s Choice Award winners for sustainable innovations are:
- 48 Tools Battery Holder
- AT-500 RMPD
- BridgeDECK Waterproofing Agent
- FARO® Flatness Check App
- Intellicut Grinding and GPS Navigation
- MasterEmaco OneMix Concrete Repair System
- Moasure ONE
- Orange Thunder™ Floats with KO-20™ Technology
Disruptive innovations sweep away old systems or habits and replace them with attributes that recognizably make the product or process easier, safer and more productive. Their introduction or acceptance requires a little longer view in the future, often facilitating other innovations when brought to the field.
The Expert’s Choice Award winners for disruptive innovations are:
- Fibo Collect—fully automated, self-service concrete station
- HP SitePrint
- Runyon Data Services
"Thank you to everyone that participated in this year’s new Innovative Product Awards program—it is so important to celebrate companies who are pushing the boundaries of the concrete and masonry industries,” said Rachel Williams, ConstructioNext Chief Editor. “The submissions were incredibly strong, indicating strong future progress in the industry. Congratulations to the 2023 Innovative Product Award winners!”
Stay tuned to ConstructioNext.com to see in-depth coverage of the 2023 IPA award winners and nominees in the weeks to come.