In this episode of the Pool & Spa Influencer series, Sabeena Hickman, PHTA President & CEO sat down with Chief Editor Rachel Williams to discuss what major initatives the Alliance is undertaking on behalf of pool and spa pros and what's on the group's radar. Here are seven key initiatives that pros can take advantage of:
- A focus on the J1 Visa program to help staffing shortages
- A public relations campaign for California pros who are battling the image of pools and spas as water hogs amid onging drought conditions.
- Continued work with states to alleviate concerns around COVID-19 and keep businesses open.
- The Alliance's new apprenticeship program to help fight labor shortage, along with funding available to help pros take advantage.
- New education through the GENESIS program including virtual learning opportunities and certification.
- A new leadership program through Cornell University.
- Ongoing water safety initiatives.