EquipmentWatch has released the inaugural State of the Construction Equipment Economy report. Created in collaboration with the Association of Equipment Management Professionals (AEMP), the new white paper examines the behaviors, challenges, and potential outlook of today’s construction equipment economy. The findings, compiled from surveys, in-depth fleet review, valuation and market trend analysis, and additional insights, highlight the micro and macro-level impact of today’s climate on equipment owners.
Among the highlights from the report:
- The biggest challenges equipment owners reported were aligning equipment management goals with pre-construction and operational goals, along with disposing of assets at the right time.
- Dealers are the preferred resource for equipment purchases; for selling used equipment, auction and dealer outlets are preferred over listing sights.
- One-third of equipment owners say they have been retaining equipment longer than usual.
- More than half of equipment owners say they’ve experienced delays in delivery of new equipment.
- One-third of respondents say they’re receiving increased requests to demonstrate they are taking sustainability into consideration with their projects, but only 12% say they can calculate their fleet’s carbon footprint and only a quarter currently include electric assets in their fleet.
Explore the full results and analysis of today's construction equipment economy by downloading the full 43-page white paper here.