The World of Concrete, the construction industry's only annual international tradeshow dedicated to commercial concrete and masonry construction, celebrates its 50th anniversary Jan. 22-25 with world-class education sessions for every skill level. The 2024 WOC Education Program will feature a variety of in-depth options including technical applications, business best practices, project management insights and safety topics for office workers to field personnel to business owners.
WOC is bringing back a number of its most-popular technical seminars, industry certifications, interactive workshops and training courses and forums. They include:
- Managing concrete in hot and cold weather conditions, led by Kim Basham, PE.
- Improving performance through effective leadership, led by Randy Anderson.
- How to turn inefficiency into profitability, led by Brad Humphrey.
- Concrete repair: waterproof, protection and corrosion prevention, led by Eyad Alhairi.
- Concrete placement and finishing defects: causes, evaluation and mitigation, led by Jacob Borgerson, PE.
- A three-part series on basic concrete technology, led by Jeff Groom, PE.
In addition, there will be about 50 new session topics, including:
- ADA guidelines and compliance.
- Fundamentals of concrete paving.
- Implementing Type IL Portland-limestone cement.
- Employee mental health.
- Commercial/industrial repair.
- Formwork best practices.
- The future of 3D printing.
- Planning a successful career path in the concrete industry.
Plus, new in 2024, nine seminars will be presented in Spanish, and there will be a new track of seminars devoted to emerging leaders that includes practical tips for supervisors and up-and-coming leaders.
For more information about WOC and to register, visit the WOC site.