Informa Markets, the Pool & Hot Tub Alliance (PHTA), and the North American Deck and Railing Association (NADRA), are opening the doors Nov. 16-18 for the International Pool | Spa | Patio Expo, co-located with Deck Expo (PSP/Deck Expo).
Registration is now live—and industry professionals are showing their enthusiasm to reunite in person.
The event brings together builders, service techs, retailers and distributors. Thousands of members from the pool, spa, patio, decking and outdoor living community attend PSP/Deck Expo to engage with the latest products and services and to network. These interactions come in the form of new and existing connections, education sessions, demonstrations and more.
In addition to exhibits and showcases lining the expo hall, attendees are encouraged to learn from industry experts’ conference sessions and demonstrations.
“We couldn’t be more excited to open our doors and welcome our community to Dallas this November," said Ray Giovine, group director of PSP/Deck Expo. "We have new vendors exhibiting, plus the return of some favorites. We anticipate a large amount of business to be done on our show floor based on the high quality of attendees joining us, and we can’t wait to see the impact.
“Multiple indicators from contractors, builders and manufacturers demonstrate there is pent-up demand for reconnecting in-person,” he continued. “Everyone is so excited to get back to in-person after 18 months away.”
After an economically impactful 2020 dominated by a pandemic, now is the time to reunite in person on the trade show floor. The need to innovate, grow and build connections as a business has never been greater. Known for showcasing the latest trends and technologies to create the “total backyard,” the event will reunite professionals in the pool, spa, patio, decking, and outdoor living industries.
“The vast majority of our members cannot wait to reconnect with their peers in person. They are looking forward to attending this event, and so are we,” said Sabeena Hickman, CAE, president and CEO of PHTA. “The show team has done a tremendous job putting together this event, implementing a health and safety plan to ensure a safe environment for everyone in attendance.”
Informa Markets has run dozens of in-person trade shows in 2021. These trade events added a focus to safety and health while continuing to provide vendors and attendees with incredible benefits for their businesses. PSP/Deck Expo continues to prioritize the health and safety of all guests and will adhere to the CDC and local government guidance in place at the time of the event.
Guided by Informa AllSecure, a detailed set of measures developed collaboratively with industry associations, event organizers, and venues, PSP/Deck Expo aims to deliver the highest levels of hygiene and safety at its event, providing everyone with reassurance and confidence they are participating in a safe and controlled environment.
PSP/Deck Expo’s home in 2021, the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center, earned the Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR™ accreditation last year. GBAC's STAR™ Facility Program includes specific criteria that consider cleaning, disinfecting, and infectious disease prevention plans when approving accreditations. The program requires the facility to implement and maintain a plan to control risks associated with infectious agents.
“Hayward is looking forward to reconnecting with pool dealers and presenting our latest product introductions,” said Jeremy Jones, director of marketing at Hayward Industries, Inc, which is exhibiting this year. “We realize dealers are giving up precious time to be with us when they could be at home running their businesses. Our aim is to make shows highly informative and enjoyable experiences where we can build relationships with each other.”
In addition to a robust expo hall and more than 100 education opportunities during the week, event highlights include:
- NEW! Keynote – Kick-off PSP/Deck Expo with inspiration from two icons in the aquatics industry: Wallace J. Nichols, author of Blue Mind, and Rowdy Gaines, three-time Olympic gold medalist, a U.S. Olympic Hall of Fame member, and, most recently, an Olympic commentator for NBC Sports;
- NEW! Grill + Chill Area – This year’s expo will feature outdoor exhibits, with vendors specific to deck building, outdoor kitchens and grills, and patio furniture. Vendors are invited to grill and serve lunch;
- NEW! Deck Education – In spring 2020, the Deck Expo moved to its new home, as a co-location with PSP Expo. Together, the two events create a broader selection of products and technology for outdoor living. This year, PSP/Deck Expo will feature deck-focused education in not only the pre-conference sessions but in the core conference and show floor education, too;
- RETURNING IN 2021! BBQ Bash –We’ll fire up the grill, and attendees can kick up their feet and enjoy a chill area while networking with industry professionals. Once the expo hall closes on Wednesday, the BBQ Bash starts, outdoors, in the Grill + Chill Area. Attendees can enjoy refreshments, and devour the goodies being roasted, grilled, poached, and more;
- Welcome Party – The Welcome Party is a networking event that kicks off the PSP/Deck Expo. Happening on Tuesday, Nov. 16, it will take place at a local landmark—Gilley’s Dallas! Attendees and vendors can mingle with colleagues, and enjoy food, drinks, and entertainment;
- Pool Prize Party – The Pool Prize Party will wrap up the last day of the show with tons of laughter, excitement, and giveaways. Displayed within the Product Showcase will be various products in the Pool Prize Party;
- Million Dollar Pool Design Challenge – Based on a fictitious scenario, designers create an ultimate outdoor oasis with a million-dollar budget;
- Various Special Events from Event Partners – PHTA, GENESIS®, and NADRA will be holding special events during the week. Between these organizations, everything from a Young Professionals’ reception to an annual member meeting will take place.
The PSP/Deck Expo actively collaborates across the entire pool, spa, backyard, and decking industries to provide participants with the most comprehensive array of networking, education, and technology available.
PHTA is the official Show Sponsor, GENESIS® is the official Show Endorser, Pool and Spa News (PSN) is the official Show Publication, and NADRA is the Deck Expo Show Sponsor.
NADRA EVP Michael Beaudry is excited and committed to bringing the outdoor living associations together.
“Our vision of bringing the decking and railing industry professionals together has been accomplished,” he said. “Combining Deck Expo with PSP Expo, and the goal of bringing together our associations and organizations that make up the outdoor living markets is going to be incredibly exciting in the years ahead.”